$75k+ - commensurate with experience and meeting requirements
(must haves and extra credit below)
I love this company, and if I was still a Project Manager, I might even apply to work there myself. They've been around since the early 90's, survived the dotbomb of 2000-2003, and they've continued to flourish and grow their business ever since.
This is not an ad agency. This company does web design/builds and they do it very well. Their clientele runs the gamut from b2c and b2b, to non-profit, publishing, higher education and healthcare to name but a few. They also do some mobile, tablet and social media, so you'll stay on top of emerging trends and technologies, not to worry!
It's a small company, with about 50 people and a family-friendly, collaborative feel to it. They only hire a couple people a year, and they choose their hires carefully, which helps them maintain their great culture and a very low turnover.
They are within walking distance of the subway and train station and for you commuting suburbanites, they have two parking lots/garages within a stone's throw of the offices, as well as one of the best lunch spots in town.
In short, the opportunity, culture, location is fantastic!
Day to Day's
- Translate business requirements, user goals and creative strategy into engaging experiences
- Observe, conduct and analyze qualitative and quantitative user research, such as focus groups, interviews and surveys.
- Perform heuristic evaluation and task analysis.
- Create and refine content inventories, user scenarios, personas, site maps, wireframes and other specifications.
- Develop interactive prototypes.
- Prepare and conduct usability tests.
- Present findings and recommendations from user research and usability tests.
- Work effectively with project managers to meet expectations on time and on budget.
- 3+ years’ experience as an information architect (IA), user experience designer (UXD) or interaction designer (IxD) preferably in an interactive agency environment
- Hands-on experience diagramming and prototyping with Visio and/or OmniGraffle
- Experience with Mobile and social media UX
- Ability to articulate and present ideas based on sound user experience and interaction design principles; proven experience presenting concepts and deliverables to clients
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Superior listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Team oriented, collaborative personality, self-starter
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Digital Media, Communication Design or related field
- Online portfolio - see below
- Knowledge of W3C and 508 accessibility guidelines (we may quiz you!)
- Experience working on publishing, higher education or healthcare projects
- Ability to hand-code interactive prototypes using HTML, CSS, PHP, AJAX, etc.
Know someone who would be great for this gig? Send him/her my way (Must include name, email address and phone number) and if I can successfully place him/her in this role, you will receive a sweet referral bonus!
Please note that I will mention your name when contacting the referred candidate, unless you direct me otherwise.
Interested? Send resume, target salary and online portfolio to CarolTaylorRecruits(at)gmail(dot)com
Recommended portfolio samples include wireframes, schematics, presentations, prototypes (visio, omnigraffle or hand-coded prototypes using HTML, CSS, PHP and/or AJAX), user case scenarios, user research, site maps, brainstorming sessions and notes, etc. that walk viewer through business challenge/project from start through completion and show us how you think!
All resumes must be accompanied by an online portfolio.
We will treat your portfolio as proprietary confidential material and
will only show it to the Hiring Manager with your permission.
We will not respond to any resumes submitted without a portfolio