Sr. Interaction Designer
Greater Boston Area
(need car to get to work)
Our client is an online marketing company that offers multi-faceted marketing assistance to almost half a million small businesses and organizations worldwide. With revenue approaching $250 million in 2012, they have been ranked in Deloitte's "Technology Fast 500" for several years running. Their services/products are too numerous to list, but let's just say you'll never be bored working here! Their offerings include: social media marketing and CRM tools, interactive text and mobile campaign assistance, event marketing, email marketing, and almost 200 custom-designed tools/software to help their clients with their marketing efforts.
Are you a Senior Interaction Designer who wants to drive the development of web application interaction design from conceptualization to implementation, define user interfaces and apply and evolve user empathy techniques to create new and improve existing web-based, software-on-demand products and services?
If you have a passion for interaction design, a collaborative spirit and a portfolio that showcases your solid experience working on enterprise-scale, multi-tier, web-based commercial software applications/products, we should talk!
We are seeking an experienced interaction designer to join our growing user experience team.
- Drive development of web app interaction design from conceptualization to implementation.
- Define user interfaces for better user productivity, discoverability and simplicity.
- Produce design concepts, create wireframes and mockups based on business requirements, translating product strategy into design concepts that meet brand standards, user goals and business objectives
- Apply and evolve user empathy techniques including user research, usability testing, contextual interviewing, survey writing and evaluation
- Articulate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely to peers and clients while quickly applying their feedback and direction, as needed
- Synthesize information from multiple sources including customer feedback to inform your work.
- Create mock-ups for internal reviews and usability testing.
- Maintain UI specifications such as online style guides and standards documents.
- Keep informed of new technologies, interaction design trends, accepted practices in web application design.
- Champion the user experience strategy and vision set by the UX team.
- 5 + years Experience working on enterprise-scale, multi-tier, web-based commercial software applications. Extensive experience with rich-client interfaces; preferably browser-based but thick-client is also valuable.
- In-depth knowledge of User Interface Design principals, Human Factors, User Centered Design Processes, Interaction Design guidelines, Usability Methodologies, industry standards and trends, platform standards, and the software development process.
- Innate sense of how people perceive and interact with software.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in design related field including interaction design, industrial design or human computer interaction.
- Passionate about customer focused research and applying it to create effective interaction designs.
- Well-organized with strong communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously across multiple teams
- Motivated self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills who enjoys working in a fast-paced, success-driven environment.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite 4, 5;
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative and creative problem solving skills
- Working in an agile development process
- Experience designing mobile interfaces
Resumes must include city & state where candidate currently resides; local candidates only. No relocation is available at this time and client will not interview out of state talent. Sorry!
No agency talent please
No offshore/remote/freelance talent please
At this time, our client cannot provide visa assistance
Due to the high volume of resumes received, we will only respond to those meeting the above criteria. Thank you for understanding.
Referral bonu$ offered to the person who helps me successfully fill this full time position - all referred candidates must be accompanied by name, email & phone number. Thank you!