Sr. Software Program Manager
Greater Boston, MA
This privately owned 25-year old international company is a leading developer of mathematical computing software and has sales exceeding $700 million/year.
Engineers and scientists worldwide rely on its products to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and development, as it provides nearly 100 products and tools for specialized tasks such as data analysis and image processing, highly reliable graphic programming, data analysis, visualization, and numeric computation. Their products are widely used throughout the automotive, aerospace, communications, electronics, and industrial automation industries as fundamental tools for research and development. They are also used for modeling and simulation in increasingly technical fields, such as financial services and computational biology. More than 5000 colleges and universities around the world use their products/tools for teaching and research in a broad range of technical disciplines.
The Senior Software Program Manager is a member of the software development management team and supports the planning and execution of multiple projects or programs. Program Management is an integration and coordination role working with members of development including Engineering, Quality Engineering, Usability, and Documentation to facilitate the effective development and delivery of products. The Program Manager is also an important primary liaison between the program team and the larger corporate community (e.g. marketing, sales, operations, and tech support). This is a hands on position, not managing people.
Work with cross-functional teams as they plan, track and execute complex, cross organizational programs while maintaining focus on their strategic goals and objectives. Specific activities include performing program analysis, managing risk, influencing necessary course corrections, creative problem solving, and communicating program status and activities across multiple levels of management. This role additionally involves continuously assessing and improving the processes that comprise the software development lifecycle and mentoring/coaching other members of the Program Management and Product Development Teams.
- 8+ years’ experience in the commercial software product industry
- Expertise in providing cross-organizational management of software development programs from initiation through delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics for engineering development, test development and execution, bugs, issues, risks, and other aspects of project and program management
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and teambuilding skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- Expertise in the use of program and project management techniques and tools
- Expertise in providing cross organizational management of software development programs from initiation through delivery
- Outgoing, highly organized, persistent, tenacious, and able to deal with uncertainty and change
- Experience implementing change in a large organization.
- Ability to appropriately balance strategic goals with tactical implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or related field; Masters in engineering or equivalent preferred
Know someone who would be great for this gig? Send him/her my way (Must include name, email address and phone number) and if I can successfully place him/her in this role, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus!
Please note that I will mention your name when contacting the referred candidate, unless you direct me otherwise.
Interested? Send resume, target salary and online portfolio to CarolTaylorRecruits(at)gmail(dot)com