GREATER BOSTON AREA; metro west
This privately owned 25-year old international company is a leading developer of mathematical computing software and has sales exceeding $700 million/year.
Engineers and scientists worldwide rely on its products to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and development, as it provides nearly 100 products and tools for specialized tasks such as data analysis and image processing, highly reliable graphic programming, data analysis, visualization, and numeric computation. Their products are widely used throughout the automotive, aerospace, communications, electronics, and industrial automation industries as fundamental tools for research and development. They are also used for modeling and simulation in increasingly technical fields, such as financial services and computational biology. More than 5000 colleges and universities around the world use their products/tools for teaching and research in a broad range of technical disciplines.
Would you like to join a fast-paced, advanced world class User Experience team that is constantly solving new and challenging problems? Are you a Visual Designer who is dedicated to the user experience and to creating clear and effective design? Do you want to work with commercial software products that make the world a better place? If you answered yes to these questions, we want to speak with you.
The Visual Designer will help conceive, design, and implement graphics and visual treatments for user interfaces and documentation on desktop, web or mobile platforms. Partner with user experience specialists, developers, and writers to establish a forward-looking visual framework for our products and documentation. Be an expert on visual design directions for desktop, web, or mobile platforms. Provide guidelines, templates, and consultation for teams to create graphics with a cohesive style.
- Work with cross-functional teams (Engineering, Marketing, Graphic Design, and UX) to understand our product and branding directions and develop appropriate design solutions.
- Work with the Product Visual Design team on collaborative design projects.
- Work with Documentation teams to visualize technical concepts and workflows with custom information graphics.
- Work with web developers to prototype, present, and implement graphics and layouts.
- Continuously explore visual design directions on desktop, web and mobile.
- Develop design specifications and create prototypes; validate these with Engineering, Technical Marketing, and UX.
- Manage large, complex projects from start to ship.
Qualifications Required / Preferred
- 5-7+ years relevant experience in online graphic or visual design
- Strong portfolio available for viewing
- Excellent visual design and technical illustration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and translate those to visual representations
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated fluency with Illustrator, Photoshop, and relevant online design tools
- Understanding of user interface design principles
- BS/MS in graphic or visual design
- Experience with CSS, HTML, and interactive graphics a plus
- Experience with designing for software products/tools a plus
$1000 Referral Bonu$:
Know someone who would be great for this gig? Send him/her my way (Must include name, email address and phone number) and if I can successfully place him/her in this role, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus!
Please note that I will mention your name when contacting the referred candidate, unless you direct me otherwise.
Interested? Send resume, target salary and online portfolio to CarolTaylorRecruits(at)gmail(dot)com
All resumes must be accompanied by a portfolio. We will treat your portfolio as proprietary confidential material and will only show it to the Hiring Manager with your permission. We will not respond to any resumes submitted without a portfolio.