SR. PROGRAM MANAGER
GREATER BOSTON AREA
METRO WEST - NEED CAR
This privately owned 25-year old international company is a leading developer of mathematical computing software and has sales exceeding $700 million/year.
Engineers and scientists worldwide rely on its products to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and development, as it provides nearly 100 products and tools for specialized tasks such as data analysis and image processing, highly reliable graphic programming, data analysis, visualization, and numeric computation. Their products are widely used throughout the automotive, aerospace, communications, electronics, and industrial automation industries as fundamental tools for research and development. They are also used for modeling and simulation in increasingly technical fields, such as financial services and computational biology. More than 5000 colleges and universities around the world use their products/tools for teaching and research in a broad range of technical disciplines.
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for developing insightful, value-added, accurate, and dependable analyses of program-related metrics for tracking and reporting status to the rest of the development team. In addition, your curiosity, creativity, imagination, and program management experience will help you identify, expose, and mitigate potential problems and inefficiencies that others might not immediately recognize. You will work as part of an overall program management team and will interface with multiple internal groups (Software Engineering, Quality Engineering, Usability, Documentation, etc.).$1000 Referral Bonu$:
- Partner with software development teams and help them plan, track and execute complex, cross organizational programs while maintaining focus on their strategic goals and objectives.
- Perform program analysis, manage risk, identify and influence necessary course corrections, creatively solve problems, and communicate program status and activities across multiple levels of management.
- Continuously assess and improve the processes that comprise the software development lifecycle and mentor/coach other members of the Program Management and Product Development Teams.
- 7 years experience managing complex technical projects interfacing with software engineering and testing teams
- Experience in developing commercial software products
- Expertise in providing cross-organizational management of software development programs from initiation through delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics for engineering development, test development and execution, bugs, issues, risks, and other aspects of project and program management
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or related field; master's degree a plus
- Able to help others estimate content and amount of work by asking questions, analyzing data, and challenging assumptions to help clarify thinking, ensuring all work is included in the artifact
- Ability to influence others in order to get things done, even when you have no direct line of authority over them.
Know someone who would be great for this gig? Send him/her my way (Must include name, email address and phone number) and if I can successfully place him/her in this role, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus!
Please note that I will mention your name when contacting the referred candidate, unless you direct me otherwise.
Interested? Send resume, target salary and online portfolio to CarolTaylorRecruits(at)gmail(dot)com