GREATER BOSTON AREA; metro west
This privately owned 25-year old international company is a leading developer of mathematical computing software and has sales exceeding $700 million/year.
Engineers and scientists worldwide rely on its products to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and development, as it provides nearly 100 products and tools for specialized tasks such as data analysis and image processing, highly reliable graphic programming, data analysis, visualization, and numeric computation. Their products are widely used throughout the automotive, aerospace, communications, electronics, and industrial automation industries as fundamental tools for research and development. They are also used for modeling and simulation in increasingly technical fields, such as financial services and computational biology. More than 5000 colleges and universities around the world use their products/tools for teaching and research in a broad range of technical disciplines.
Would you like to join a fast-paced, advanced world class User Experience team that is constantly solving new and challenging problems? Are you a Visual Designer who is dedicated to the user experience and to creating clear and effective design? Do you want to work with commercial software products that make the world a better place? If you answered yes to these questions, we want to speak with you.
is looking for an experienced User Interface Designer to join our growing in-house Creative Services team. In this role, you will work in a busy, high-energy environment and join a talented team of creative professionals. You will be responsible for the design of a variety of Web-based and mobile applications and work collaboratively with the Usability, Development, Web Marketing, and Program Management teams to evolve concepts into final designs.
- Work closely with Usability and Development teams to finalize functional specifications.
- Research interface designs employed by other companies; identify best practices and industry trends.
- Contribute to requirements; Help map out dependencies on existing applications, systems and templates.
- Work with Usability to develop low-fidelity prototypes to demonstrate structural and navigational approaches.
- Code review templates with the front-end architecture team and refine to meet department standards.
- Partner with back-end team on implementation process.
- Ensure final product meets design specs at key stages of development.
Qualifications Required / Preferred
- 8 years professional experience with a minimum of 3 years interactive design experience.
- Expert level knowledge of Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
- Expert level knowledge in coding HTML/XHTML and CSS.
- Strong layout skills and an experienced eye for color and typography.
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform compatibility and design constraints.
- Working knowledge of W3C Web Standards, section 508 compliance.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing business requirements.
- Excellent client services and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Web Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or related discipline.
- A portfolio of relevant work examples is required for consideration for this position.
- Familiarity with CSS3 and HTML5.
- Experience with server side technologies including Ruby, Java, and PHP.
- Experience working with engineers, or working in an engineering-driven organization.
- Experience designing for mobile platforms.
Know someone who would be great for this gig? Send him/her my way (Must include name, email address and phone number) and if I can successfully place him/her in this role, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus!
Please note that I will mention your name when contacting the referred candidate, unless you direct me otherwise.
Interested? Send resume, target salary and online portfolio to CarolTaylorRecruits(at)gmail(dot)com
All resumes must be accompanied by a portfolio. We will treat your portfolio as proprietary confidential material and will only show it to the Hiring Manager with your permission. We will not respond to any resumes submitted without a portfolio.