Senior Python EngineerCompany is a leading interactive strategy, design, and development agency with a phenomenal office culture, complete with a gorgeous design space in the Flatiron district, complete with game room and office dog. People tend to stay here a while - we have a great reputation and we try to live up to it!
As a senior Python engineer you will be leading the architecture, design and coding of our projects. You will lead small teams of talented engineers and collaborate with front end developers, information architects, business analysts and visual designers. We are partial to true engineers who apply their computer science background to the efficient and powerful art of software development.
Our typical engagement size and the size of our teams makes it possible for all team members to craft and shape the experiences we produce, with the full support of the leads and directors. The flexibility of our process makes for happy clients and the unusual ability to produce exactly the work you envision. If you want to make a real difference on a project, this is your dream role.
Off projects, you will be expected to teach your colleagues something they didn’t know in an area you are excited about. Is mobile app development your fantasy? How about service oriented architectures or software development lifecycle?
- Write great, maintainable, optimized code
- Known intuitively how to work in the major design patterns and techniques: (1) Implicit vs. Explicit Invocation (2) Multi-Tiered Architectures (3) MVC Frameworks (4) Optimized Data Storage (5) Service Oriented Architectures.
- Fearlessly learn new technologies and comprehend new problem spaces
- Understand the SaaS landscape and identify potential 3rd party integrations
- Extend and refactor existing applications with any eye to scalability
- Have some experience in working with teams in agile/scrum styles of development
- Contribute to our evolving standards and best practices
- Bring special skills in an area you can drive
- Be ready to do code reviews – both of your own and your peers’ code
- 2+ years of ecommerce-specific application development
- 5+ years of Python development
- Experience in designing integration architectures
- Ecommerce exposure a plus
- Experience developing in Django
- Mobile development a plus
To apply, please include a resume and cover letter indicating relevant experience, notable accounts, and salary history to CarolTaylorRecruits(at)gmail(dot)com
This position is full time, 100% on site during regular business hours
No offsite, offshore, remote, freelance talent please.
At this time, our client cannot provide visa sponsorship or relocation
Due to high volume of resumes received, only those meeting above criteria will receive a response. Thank you.