Interactive Art Director
Integrated Advertising AgencyBoston, MA
Full time position
This company is known for its positive culture and family-friendly environment. People don't work crazy hours here, and have a great work/life balance as a result. Unlike most agencies, this company has never had a layoff - they started up during a big recession, and have continually, conservatively grown their staff since their inception 10+ years ago. Today, they have 2 offices and over 100 employees, and a very low turnover.
We are searching for a Digital Art Director with 5-7 years' post college, agency experience who contribute to the planning, design, and execution of exceptional digital experiences for our clients' brands.
- Digital, lots of digital (75+%) - e-marketing campaigns, mobile, social media, website builds/revises, etc. If it's digital, we're doing it.
- Some traditional advertising - print, direct mail, presentation work, collateral
- Concept and execute digital marketing campaigns including online advertising, social media, site/microsite initiatives, mobile, online video and more
- Demonstrate world-class execution of innovative and effective digital communications and interface design experiences across all digital platforms
- Ensure the successful execution of programs within established budgets and timeframe and on strategy
- Partner with copywriters, technology and production colleagues to ensure error-free, timely and on-budget delivery of project work
- Partners with other creatives and across agency multi-disciplinary teams as needed
- Proactively partners with front-end and Flash developers to execute the project vision
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of behaviors and best practices associated with interaction design and digital advertising
- Stay on top of emerging technologies and trends
- Juggle multiple projects simultaneously in deadline-driven environment
- Participate in new business activities
- Become a subject matter expert on clients' business as well as their competitors in industry
- Presents work internally and to client; sell great creative
- Mentors more junior team members
- 5-7 years' experience working in an agency or other digital/interactive creative environment
- Impressive design portfolio showcasing a variety of interactive projects, including but not limited to websites, rich media, mobile websites, and native phone/tablet apps
- Expertise with creative technologies including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Bachelor's degree
- Working knowledge of Flash and HTML
- Passionate about interactive design, emerging trends and technologies
- Strong understanding of user experience design and information architecture
- Knowledge re. the strengths and limitations of evolving technologies and trends such as HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, mobile web/apps, and social media
- Proactive communication style
- Proficient in the most up-to-date design programs
- Proven ability to analyze problems, anticipate consequences, and eliminate obstacles to successfully complete projects
- Sense of accountability: take personal responsibility for on-time deliverables and designs that comply with client style guides and standards.
- Please send resume, target salary range and portfolio URL to CarolTaylorRecruits(at)gmail(dot)com
- Portfolio should include a mix of traditional and digital advertising samples (e-marketing campaigns, mobile, social media, website builds/revises)
- This is a full time position, located 100% on site, during regular business hours
- Local Candidates only
- At this time, we cannot provide visa assistance
- Due to the high volume of resumes received, we will only respond to those meeting the above criteria. Thank you for understanding.