Day to Days:
- Balance usability best practices with technical options/constraints on a project-by-project basis
- Translate business, marketing, and brand objectives into clearly organized and intuitively navigable interface plans
- Interview business stakeholders, subject matter experts, and end users as part of requirements gathering
- Collaborate with graphic designers to ensure usability standards and/or develop unique interactive experiences
- Utilizing current usability and interface design best practices and trends (including workflow and taxonomy best practices), create and present core IA deliverables, such as site maps, content inventories, development and training documentation, wireframes, click-through prototypes etc.
- Participate in user testing, use cases and profile/scenario development
- 1-3 years experience in an IA role
- In-depth knowledge of user experience design methodologies and best practices
- Search engine optimization skills a big plus
- Prior marketing consulting experience preferred
- Diverse experience working in different environments, such as Portals, Intranets/Extranets, public-facing websites and custom applications
- Portfolio that showcases your UX design chops and shows us how you think, how you approach and solve a complex challenge. The ideal portfolio will tell us a story, and outline each project from start to finish and show us how you solve each challenge, step by step, including the final product and the results it generated. Samples could include a mix of the following: research, strategy documents, wireframes, schematics, presentations, site maps, use case scenarios, user case flows, prototypes (HTML or Axure based), content audits, content audits, mock-ups, style guides, presentations and even photos of white boards and post it notes!
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), and interaction design
- Performance-based bonuses
- 3 weeks paid vacation with additional accrued time off
- Excellent medical plan
- 401k with company matching
- Annual ski weekend
- Free lunch on Fridays
Please submit resume with online portfolio/work samples and target salary to CarolTaylorRecruits(at)gmail(dot)com
At this time, we cannot provide visa or relocation assistance.
Know someone who'd be great for this job? Know someone who would be great for this gig? Send him/her my way (Must include name, email address and phone number) and if I can successfully place him/her in this role, you will receive a sweet referral bonus! Please note that I will mention your name when contacting the referred candidate, unless you direct me otherwise.