Sr. User Experience Designer/Information Architect; Boston, MA
This highly successful, 150+-person digital shop helps brands create digital strategies that lead to big ideas that live seamlessly across digital channels —web, social, mobile, online video search and/or experiential. Their success is based on one simple principal: an active and engaged user is the most powerful force in the new economy. This principal has been great for business; they've grown 300+% over the past 3 years alone.
Culturally, this company has a model that sets them apart from the rest. Their space is very much a community space to facilitate collaboration. They try to hire people who share their vision and are great at what they do. This is a collaborative group who share the same passion for digital marketing and enjoy coming to work. Work/life balance is huge here, which is why they have reasonable work hours, a low turnover and high employee loyalty. Perhaps that's why they've been on Boston's "Best places to work" list for 5 years' running. Free lunch every day and happy hour Fridays don't hurt either.
The focus of the newly added integral Sr. User Experience Designer/IA role will be to collaboratively partner with the creative, marketing and technology teams to create unique, intuitive and optimum user experience solutions for our clients.
- Lead and participate in business discovery sessions
- Direct and synthesize user and stakeholder interviews
- Create user profiles, write functional specs
- Design and document sitemaps, user flows, conceptual models and wireframes
- Collaborate with stakeholders to solve creative challenges, lead creative concepting meetings, and present design solutions
- Develop solutions for intuitive navigation, screen layout and screen hierarchy
- 5 years' experience with user experience, user interaction design, information architecture, technical and functional requirements and overall project process and procedures in an agency environment; experience with responsive, adaptive and mobile design preferred
- A collaborative spirit, good sense of humor and passion for all things UX
- Knowledge of UX best practices, persona development and responsive design behaviors; clear understanding of full product development lifecycle including planning, requirements, design, usability reviews, code, test, release and maintenance.
- Proven ability to balance client needs/preferences with user needs, research, and best practices
- Strong visual communication design skills, as well as the ability to verbally communicate design documentation internally to project teams and externally for client presentations.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Axure, Visio and/or Keynote
- Portfolio that showcases your UX design chops; should contain sample research, strategy documents, wireframes, schematics, presentations, site maps, use case scenarios, user case flows, prototypes, content audits, photos of white boards & post it notes that show how you think. etc. Your portfolio should tell a story, and outline each project from start to finish and show us how you approach a problem/challenge and solve it, step by step. Show us the final product and the results it generated.
- Competitive Base Salary + bonus 2x/year
- 401k - 100% vested; match 4% after 6 mos.
- 100% subway (MBTA) reimbursement
- At this time, we cannot provide visa or relocation assistance
Please send resume in MS Word format to CarolTaylorRecruits(at)gmail.com