Ruby/Rails Software Engineer; Boston, MAThis fully funded, privately owned e-commerce company is an online fundraising platform. A fairly new offshoot of a very successful parent company, they are fully funded and already profitable Top 200 e-tailer! The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker and rational designer who can bring new ideas and fresh solutions to the table, while staying true to the customer, our brand and business goals.
This platform allows crowd funding-campaign organizers to design products online and sell them through the company website, with the profits going toward their chosen social causes.
On average, there are more than 3,500 fundraising campaigns running at any time on the company website.
We are looking for Software Engineers & Sr. Software Engineers with strong Ruby/Rails chops to help build out the next version of our site. We’re on Rails, Jenkins, Capistrano, New Relic, CoffeeScript --- and deploy multiple times a day in an Agile environment. Everyone pushes to production supported by a clean stack and a solid process.
Day to Days:
- Identify and resolve challenges associated with a fast-growing, high-volume, consumer-facing Web application
- Take ownership of critical functionality related to our platform
- Collaboratively and continuously innovation to provide the optimal user experience
- Make appropriate architecture decisions for large section of the web application
- Lead/mentor other engineers and provide code leadership
- Set and ensure code quality standards are maintained
- Break out of the framework and know when to do it
- 2-3 years' hands-on Ruby/Rails experience; deep understanding of the intricacies of Rails
- Previous experience/exposure with any of the following a big plus: PHP, Apache, Java, jQuery, SQL, CoffeeScript, Jenkins, Capistrano, New Relic
- Experience with large-scale, consumer-focused web sites
- Knowledge of at least 2 programming languages in detail, multiple frameworks, and have built substantial sections of a web/mobile application
- Demonstrated and documented interest in dynamic Web languages, evolving frameworks, and other progressive technologies
Relo available to US-based candidates
Compensation includes base salary + bonus + pre IPO equity
At this time, we cannot provide visa assistance
Please send resume, online portfolio URL and salary requirements to CarolTaylorRecruits(at)gmail(dot)com