The company is structured around two areas: its global distribution system and its IT solutions business area. Acting as an international network, their service offerings include search, pricing, booking, ticketing and other processing services in real-time to travel providers and agencies through its distribution business division. They also offer travel companies software systems which automate processes (such as reservations, inventory management and departure control) through their IT solutions business. The company is very progressive with regards to industry evolution and has invested over one billion dollars in research and development over the past ten years, enabling them to diversify their operations to encompass streamlining the operational and distribution requirements of its customer base.
We are looking for several Senior Software Developers in C++ to join our team and work on a new client, multi-year portal application project. Two types of technology will be deployed: C++ for the open back end in charge of the core functionality and Java for the portal in charge of the platform administration. The ideal candidate will be an independent contributor as well as a strong team player with a collaborative mindset - who likes to write virgin code and wants to develop incredibly robust technology for an enormous, highly complex system that needs to be up 99.7% of the time! This is not a job for kernal level talent. If you can appreciate good coding practice and mammoth scalability, you'll like it here. Plus, we offer terrific career-pathing/coaching, which provides ample opportunity for developers to move into management roles in a few years' time.
Day to Days:
- Design, code, test, debug, document and maintain software solutions.
- Design technical solutions and perform feasibility studies.
- Propose viable technical solutions to Product Management and/or users for validation.
- Model, design and implement databases as necessary.
- Develop software according to company standards.
- Conduct unit, package and performance tests of the software and ensure a level of quality in line with the company guidelines.
- Participate in the validation / acceptance phase of the product cycle ensuring the fine-tuning necessary to finalize the product.
- Produce software documentation necessary for the application and issue it to the requesting departments.
- Support the end user in the Production phase by debugging existing software solutions in response to Problem Tracking Records (PTR) and Change Requests (CR) issued from Product Management or Product Definition.
- 7-10 years of experience developing software in a UNIX/LINUX environment.
- 5+ years of experience developing software using C++, UML, SQL/RDBMS
- 2+ years of experience with Agile-flavored iterative product development methodology (Scrum)
- GDF distribution models experience a big plus
- Mindset of an architect who thinks like a designer; must love to test code! (We have a QA team, not to worry.)
- Excellent code documentation skills (we may ask to see some samples)
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural, international organization.
- Hotel IT knowledge, GDS distribution models knowledge, and Air IT knowledge are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent.
- Comprehensive enterprise knowledge developing for multi-source data driven applications
- Excellent analytical ability
- Ability to work in a flexible fast-paced environment
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational abilities
- This position is based in the Greater Boston area and is 100% on site; no remote talent
- Visa sponsorship is not available at this time, but visa transfers are OK for U.S.-based talent
- Relocation assistance to USA-based, out-of-state, full time applicants
- Stable global company with great benefits package, including annual bonus, daily breakfast and snacks!
Please send resume, coding and documentation samples along with target salary to CarolTaylorRecruits(at)gmail(dot)com