The company is structured around two areas: its global distribution system and its IT solutions business area. Acting as an international network, their service offerings include search, pricing, booking, ticketing and other processing services in real-time to travel providers and agencies through its distribution business division. They also offer travel companies software systems which automate processes (such as reservations, inventory management and departure control) through their IT solutions business. The company is very progressive with regards to industry evolution and has invested over one billion dollars in research and development over the past ten years, enabling them to diversify their operations to encompass streamlining the operational and distribution requirements of its customer base.
The Sr. Information Architect will work as part of a User Experience team that will help develop a site for a new customer by creating a portal for their software application. This role is a Sr. IA level (not Lead or Manager) and this person will function as a storyteller and as an independent contributor on this multi-year engagement.
- Contribute to the development of new product interfaces, feature sets, and information flows specific to the product
- Define, refine functionality, and construct annotated wireframes and flows.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to optimize existing product features
- Create detailed story boards, wireframes, prototypes and user flows to effectively illustrate interfaces, ideas, and architecture
- Design rich internet applications
- Work directly with clients on product features and feedback
- 5-7+ years experience in Information Architecture role
- Must have big data experience
- Experience must be data software focused (not marketing focused)
- Experience with enterprise class application development and related systems in a large-scale corporate environment
- Experience working on portal projects a big plus!Comprehensive enterprise knowledge designing for multi-source data driven applications
- Proficiency using Axure and Adobe Creative Suite a must
- Comprehensive knowledge with current rich internet application development
- Skilled at the inquiry process for gathering information
- Familiarity developing information structures for mobile
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; outstanding client-facing skills
- Excellent analytical ability
- Knowledge and understanding of sound UX/UI principles: task workflows, interaction and design methodologies
- Creative thinker with the ability to quickly come up with concepts and ideas in a team / group setting
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with all levels of executives, management, engineering; and assertive diplomacy to keep things moving
- Ability to work in a flexible fast-paced environment
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide feedback, guidance, and solutions for product development plans is essential
- Experience with Agile-flavored iterative product development methodology (Scrum) a plus
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field; Master's in Human Computer Interaction or related field a plus
- This positions is based in the Greater Boston area and are 100% on site; no remote talent
- Visa sponsorship is not available at this time, but visa transfers are OK for full time applicants (not available to freelance talent)
- Local candidates preferred, but will offer relocation assistance to USA-based, out-of-state, full time applicants (not available to freelance talent)
Please send your resume, portfolio and target salary to CarolTaylorRecruits(at)gmail(dot)com
Portfolio samples should showcase storytelling, big data, software application and portal experience, as well demonstrate your advanced skills with creating story boards, wireframes, prototypes and user flows to effectively illustrate interfaces, ideas, and architecture.