Culturally, this company has a model that sets them apart from the rest. They try to hire collaborative talent that share the same passion for digital marketing and enjoy coming to work. Work/life balance is huge here, which is why they have reasonable work hours, a low turnover and high employee loyalty. Perhaps that's why they've been on Boston's "Best places to work" list for 5 years' running. Free catered lunch every day, happy hour Fridays, two bonuses a year and 100% MBTA reimbursement don't hurt either.
We are seeking a Finance Manager to oversee our SAP accounting system, project finance, analysis, financial close, budgeting and forecasting.
Day to days:
- Set up projects in SAP accounting system & update data throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Properly categorize billings and costs throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Monitor financial results of jobs in progress and at completion. Work with account teams to ensure financial accuracy
- Ensure that all documentation for revenue recognition is complete and accurately processed.
- Review credit balances, refunds, and adjustments and work with Finance Director on resolving any discrepancies
- Manage and mentor Financial Assistant
- Track and monitor submitted project budgets (budgets vs. actuals)
- Prepare and review job cost reports for projects
- Reconcile and explain job cost variance, with help of Producer, within two months of the conclusion of a project
- Prepare flash forecasts of variances to project budgets as required
- Work with local office leadership and the Finance Director with preparation of quarterly budget review meetings
- Provide biweekly P&L forecast against budget and variance analysis
- Track and analyze office expenses – FD responsibilities with support from coordinator
- Provide ad hoc financial data necessary for leaders to make informed decisions
- Assist Finance Director with monthly P&L analysis
- 5-7 years-experience in an accounting and finance environment
- 2-3+ years SAP experience
- Advertising or digital agency experience a big plus
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- BA/BS degree, preferably in accounting or finance