Director, User Experience
With countless customers worldwide, this company is one of the most recognizable names in the world. They have built a national, world-class UX team, led by one of Boston's foremost leaders in User Experience. Culturally, they are known for treating their employers generously, and this position is no different, with a highly competitive base salary, solid bonus (that they have consistently disbursed over the years) and some amazing perks, including tuition reimbursement (grad school anyone?), a phenomenal 401k plan and top-notch health insurance.
The User Experience Design team is responsible for designing this Company’s award-winning websites, mobile applications and internal workstations. Their national team of elite user experience professionals works collaboratively with the business and technology teams to design and deliver online experiences that enable our customers' success.
- 10+ years' experience in user experience role
- 2-3 years' experience at Manager or Director level, managing a user experience team/direct reports
- Experience managing off-site teams a plus
- Silverlight experience a huge plus
- Transaction experience a big plus
- Degree in User Experience, Human Factors or Information Design (or similar)
- Solid user experience, storytelling and visual communication design skills demonstrated via an online or PDF portfolio that showcases your UX design chops; samples should include sample research, strategy documents, wireframes, schematics, presentations, site maps, use case scenarios, user case flows, prototypes, content audits, photos of white boards and post-it notes that show how you think. etc. Your portfolio should tell a story, and outline each project from start to finish and show us how you approach a problem/challenge and solve it, step by step. Show us the final product and the results it generated.
- This full time position is 100% on site during regular business hours
- This position does not require travel
- Easy access to public transportation & discounted parking
- No contract or agency talent please.
- Local candidates preferred, but relo available for US-based out-of-state talent
- At this time, client cannot provide visa sponsorship BUT can provide visa transfers.
Interested? Please send resume, portfolio, target salary requirements and portfolio to CarolTaylorRecruits(at)gmail(dot)com
We respect the confidential/proprietary nature of your portfolio, but we cannot consider your candidacy without one. (Feel free to redact client names to protect client confidentiality.)
Send me a great referral (you must provide candidate’s phone and email) and you will qualify for a $1,000+ referral bonus if your referred candidate is successfully placed in one of these full time positions. Referrals must include candidate name, email address and phone number. Please note that I will mention your name when contacting referred candidate unless instructed to do otherwise.