Group Account Director
Life Sciences/Pharma account
Boston, MAThis privately-owned, full-service, integrated marketing agency is growing and needs to add a Group Account to their team to work on an important life sciences/pharma account. Business is booming, and they've added over 15 people to their roster in the past year alone and are still hiring. This shop does a 75/25 blend of traditional/digital work that runs the gamut from traditional print advertising to online video to ipad projects, mobile apps and sites, etc. Culture is king here with a no-egos allowed, family-friendly environment of mutual respect, where the employees bring their passion (and their dogs) to the office everyday.
The Group Account Director plays a central role in overseeing all activities associated with managing assigned accounts. They work closely with the other disciplines in delivering and exceeding client expectations. Success is achieved by being an extraordinary Group Account Director, delivering high quality creative output, building strategic client relationships, identifying opportunities to enhance our our life sciences offerings, effectively managing activity, working closely with their account team, and sharing best practices to the agency community. This person also upholds our core beliefs while delivering the best in class work.
Day to Days:
- Build relationships of confidence and trust with all clients and senior Agency staff
- Lead client thinking and thinking on strategy development, providing targeted, actionable insights
- Understand the business model and the key drivers of client(s) and Agency success
- Understand and uncover client motivations/needs
- Advise senior client management and work as an objective insider and advocate for the entire client organization
- Seek opportunities to advance the client relationship and build Agency business
- Maintain knowledge of all performance measures and financial figures
- Inspire and grow other agency staff; coach and manage teammates to maximum potential
- 10-12+ years account management experience; 5+ years at the supervisory+ level
- 5+ years' pharmaceutical and/or life sciences advertising experience
- 5+ years' ad agency experience
- Regulatory/compliance/legal/medical review experience a must
- Experience managing marketing new product launches a big plus
- Strong knowledge base in market/disease categories, clinical studies, and DTP, OTC and HCP audience behavior to develop strategic recommendations to clients
- Experience with medical marketing to HCP audiences for both Rx and OTCs brands a plus
- East Coast candidates preferred; some relo available
- No visa assistance available at this time
- Due to the high volume of resumes received, we will only respond to those who meet the criteria outlined above. Thank you for understanding.
Please submit resume to CarolTaylorRecruits(at)gmail(dot)com
Know someone who would be perfect for this job? Send me their name and contact information (email, tel. no. and linkedin URL), and if I'm able to successfully place your referred candidate in a full time position, I will send you a sweet referral bonus that will either pay for a ticket to somewhere warm, cover indoor parking or hire a plow service next winter!