This flourishing SaaS company has only been around 5 years or so, but already lists some of the most recognizable Fortune 1000 brands in the world as their clients. Why? Simply put, they specialize in creating customized ordering and subscription technology for etailers, which transforms one-off transactions into repeat subscribers. In the process, they help their clients make better decisions on how to improve their customers' shopping experience and grow their subscription business and membership base.
It's time to add a full time, Sr. User Experience Designer to their 50-person office. Reporting to the Director of Product, and working side-by-side with our Product Managers, this person must be comfortable working as the lone User Experience person. Don't worry, you won't get lonely working here, as it's a fast-paced yet fun environment where everyone works side by side for the greater good. There is always lots of conversation between colleagues to review challenges and brainstorm optimum solutions together. Perhaps our collaborative environment is why we got a 4.0/5.0 rating on Glass Door. Or it could be our unlimited vacation time, stock options or beer/wine cart that keep people extra happy here.
Daily To Do's will include:
- Own and lead the UX charge to define the future of subscriber-to-business relationships and our subscription platform; clearly and effectively communicate the rationale behind your design recommentations
- Tackle all aspects of the design process hands-on, from design research to the delivery of internal and client-facing UX documentation
- Represent our company in client meetings and presentations
- Build out different pieces of the platform based on customer feedback, and make the customer platform as user-friendly and as simple as possible
- Develop concepts from idea to design utilizing the usual array of wireframes, personas, sketches and prototypes
- Iterate on existing products and solutions to improve existing client programs
- Demonstrate knowledge of user workflow and task modeling, conceptual design, user testing and best practices on the design of desktop and mobile interfaces.
- 5-7+ years of UX design experience
- 1-2 years' experience with one of the following: SaaS company, ecommerce site, OR a subscription-based services company
- Proven experience with system and framework design
- Highly proficient in design and design tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Invision and Omnigraffle.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment with a start-up vibe
- Excellent presentation and communications skills.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Visual Communication, or any design-related field.
- As part of the interview process, you'll be given a small "homework" assignment (not to worry, it will only take you a few hours)
Your portfolio should showcase your design aesthetic, tell a story and show us how you approach a problem/challenge and solve it, step by step. In short, show us how you think! This might include sample research, strategy documents, presentations, site maps, hand-drawn sketches, post-it notes on dry erase board, wireframes, personas, schematics, prototypes, use case scenarios, user case flows, polished visual comps, the finished product and results generated.
- Competitive base pay and pre-IPO stock options
- Unlimited vacation!!!
- Full kitchen with snack and coffee bar, and wine/beer cart that will come to you!
- Outdoor patio with spectacular city vista
- Folks give us high marks on GlassDoor (4.0/5.0)
- This position is full time, 100% on site during regular business hours
- Relo assistance provided to US-based talent
- Visa transfers available to US-based talent
- Please send resume and portfolio to CarolTaylorRecruits(at)gmail(dot)com